Thursday, March 21, 2013

The love of God

Know that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments. (Deut.7:8-10)


I am finally starting a blog to enable the generations after me (sons, daughters-in-law and grandchildren) to share the beauty, creativity, and challenges of their lives with one another, that they may delight in the family in which they have been placed. We don't live near each other, and occasional phone calls can't capture the small daily moments that are so satisfying and worthy of sharing - making a dress from an old shirt, planting the garden, winning a game, a special event. My hope is that this blog will serve as a way of communicating those moments that make life such a mysterious and rewarding experience, and enable us to appreciate one another more deeply.


My inspiration comes from the wonderful blog, Like Mother, Like Daughter, which I encourage you all to visit: ourmothersdaughters.blogspot. My desire is that our family will find our blog worth nurturing, as a way of deepening our ties with one another, and of reaching out to our extended family and friends that we might strengthen the sense of community that we share with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts!