Thursday, June 13, 2013

Sing a Song

Sing,
Sing a song
Make it simple, to last your whole life long
Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear
Sing,
Sing a song.

Our years in the forest were lived with Sesame Street songs in the background. These were the songs from the early years of Sesame Street, and we had ALL the cassette tapes that were produced by CTW. We played them in our home and in the car. We sang them when we weren't playing them. They were a fundamental part of our lives.

The Pirate and I are flying up to the States tomorrow, to spend three weeks with the forest branch of our family. One of our granddaughters won't be there because she's on a mission trip to Africa with Teen Missions. But we'll get to hang out with the rest of the forest family, including miscellaneous goats, chickens, rabbits, dogs, cats and birds (I don't think I've forgotten anyone).


This is the first time I've had a chance to just BE there without having to spend a good portion of my time working at my profession. Now that I'm fully retired, I can do the things that have always been most satisfying to me, the things I learned as a young wife when we lived in the forest. Knitting, crocheting, cooking, sewing, as well as hiking around in the forest and seeing dear long-time friends. For the first time in a LONG time I have nothing that I must do there and I can simply settle in and do what comes naturally in that place that will always be our family home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know your thoughts!